July 13, 2020
I am so excited to announce that we are officially launching our internship program. We have been asked by so many if we offer something like this, and we are so excited to finally offer this amazing experience.
Our internship program provides an enriching experience to someone who is ready to learn business and photography in a growing studio with multiple photographers. We will be accepting applications through July 27 and hosting interviews the first two weeks of August. We are very thorough in our hiring process and our applicant of choice will have one to two phone interviews along with a few coffee dates before being hired. Our fall intern will begin her internship the week of September 5th.
Internship Period will be for fall 2020 from September 4 – November 30.
Here is what we’re looking for:
– Someone who can commit to working approximately 8-12 hours a week in our Evansville studio with a somewhat flexible schedule.
– Someone who has a passion for photography, weddings, and organization.
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible.
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to a team.
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
– A working knowledge of Lightroom and WordPress would be a bonus!
– Someone who loves music, coffee, and big dogs.
– Someone who is interested and willing to assist at weddings (usually on Saturdays).
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn:
– The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
– How to maintain and prep photography equipment
– The flow of a wedding day and working with vendors
– What it takes to make weddings and sessions successful
– The big and little things required to keep a studio running smoothly
– Writing occasional posts on the blog
– How a bustling wedding photography business is run in high wedding season
This internship position is unpaid. We are confident that the internship program we offer is a great learning opportunity. If chosen, you will need to work in our home studio on the west side of Evansville.
Does this sound like you? Please fill out this form no later than July 27, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Please email us directly if you have any questions – email@example.com. Please do not email us to confirm receipt of your application or to follow up. We will be in touch with those who we think will be a good fit for our internship by August 1st.
We are so excited and can’t wait to hear from you!
SHARIN SHANK PHOTOGRAPHY •• copyright 2020
follow along @sharinshankphotography